Monday 4 March 2013

A Man in Uniform

Women are rather complex beings. You can be the happiest youve ever been in a relationship and yet when someone else gives you even the slightest bit of attention caution gets thrown to the wind. That moment when your phone goes off. But when you look your heart sinks cause it's not who you wanted it to be from. And the worst part is the person it is from you SHOULD be happy. 

You see I've met a police officer. A man in uniform. Other than the obvious issue of already being taken there's a 16 year age gap. 16!! I managed to sort out an observational shift with him, working a night shift with the police. I was told "don't get out the car unless you're told it's safe". Yep! No problem. So turn up to this job everybody jumps out and a woman comes running over to us screaming and shouting about how we're animals and she wants to kill us all. Great! In this situation I'd normally be calling for police back up, but tonight that was me. 

Out of no where an arm came down and hauled me out of the way of this woman and suddenly I was the opposite side of her. There's something about being manhandled by an older man in uniform. And now it's a mess. 

So now what, you ask. Nothing. He's taken. I'm taken. But there's an incredible chemistry. He knows it. I know it. So a cup of coffee and a walk with a dog and a new beat friend out of it. Surely that's more than enough. 

Only problem is women have the ability to be friends with a man and not allow anything to happen. We can simply enjoy their company without feelings getting involved. Men on the other hand seem to have this massive trust issue where if a man and woman are talking they must be having sex. 

Men. Get over yourselves. If we've made a commitment to you no amount of chemistry will change that. Well most of us anyway. I can't speak for everyone obviously. 


No comments:

Post a Comment